Express Entry Draw Invited 4500 STEM Skilled Professionals

In the most recent Express Entry draw, which was the second of the week, Canada conducted a category-based selection targeting skilled candidates in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields. The draw aimed to address labor market shortages in these critical sectors.

A total of [Number of Invitations] invitations were issued to eligible candidates. The draw requirement specified that candidates needed to meet certain criteria related to their qualifications and experience in STEM fields to receive an invitation to apply for permanent residency in Canada.

Latest Express Entry Draw Invited STEM Skilled Professionals

In this latest Express Entry draw, IRCC invited STEM Skilled Professionals. The department issued 4,500 invitations to apply (ITAs) to candidates with a least CRS score of 491. Notably, this was the first STEM category draw of this year as of now.

 Prior to this draw, IRCC also held a general draw on April 10. The department sent 1,280 invitations to potential candidates with a minimum CRS score requirement of 549. Notably, this was the highest CRS score requirement of any 2024 Express Entry draw. 

The first general draw of this year occurred on January 10, and the last general draw was on March 25 (besides the April 10 draw).

 The January 10 draw invited 1,510 candidates with a CRS score of 546, whereas the March 25 draw invited 1,980 candidates who had the minimum CRS score of 524.  

A candidate’s chance of earning an ITA is mostly determined by their CRS score, as opposed to category-based selection draws.

Overview of Category-Based Selection Draw.

IRCC included the category-based selection draws last year in May to help the department better address in-demand skills or human capital attributes.

Six categories were considered in the 2023 category-based draw, and the department recently confirmed these same categories for the 2024 draws.

The categories are:

  • Healthcare occupations
  • Transport occupations
  • Agriculture and agri-food occupations
  • Strong French proficiency
  • Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professions
  • Trades occupations, such as carpenters, plumbers, and contractors

To be eligible to obtain an ITA under category-based draws, candidates must already have an application in the Express Entry pool. 

Overview of Express Entry Draws

Canada offers an efficient and popular immigration pathway to candidates called the Express Entry system. It operates applications from three different programs mentioned above, i.e., the FSWP, the FSTP, and the CEC.

Under these programs, the department assesses candidates based on various human capital factors such as occupation, language ability, age, work experience, and education.

All of these factors are given a score, which is added together for a final Comprehensive Ranking System score. It’s most likely that candidates with the highest scores will receive ITA in the upcoming draw.

Applying under the Express Entry system has several benefits for candidates, and one major benefit is the quick processing time. This means that the candidate’s final PR application will be processed more quickly compared to other economic immigration programs. 

Notably, IRCC has a service standard of six months for 80% of all Express Entry applications. In complex cases, the remaining 20% may take longer, depending on the case.

Express Entry is Canada’s popular immigration pathway, allowing interested candidates to move and settle in Canada effectively.

If you are interested in immigrating to Canada but have concerns about the immigration process and pathways, feel free to connect with our experienced immigration experts for help at Meridian PR Immigrations or send us an email at

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *